Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

On Christmas Eve we all picked our favorite finger food. This was a fun tradition we did when I was a kid for Christmas Eve.
The kids opened new pajamas and there presents from the Grandparents. I was fun for them to open and appreciate the gifts from Grandparents and not have them lost in the pile of gifts the next day.
On Christmas Morning Jay came in at 5:00 and said, "Mom, Santa came but he forgot to eat his Brownie and drink his milk" Another tradition at our house is the kids can look in there stocking and play with the toys in there until the rest of the family wakes up. I didn't want everyone up at 5:00 so this kept Jay semi calm until the everyone trickled there way down the stairs.
Santa spoiled the kids at our house. Jay was SOOOOOO excited about the Kinect. James loved his leap pad and Jakub my sweet boy was just happy Santa remembered to bring him an umbrella. Much to my excitement there came some gifts with cute girl stuff. OH THE JOY OF HAVING A DAUGHTER.
As we ate our Breakfast Cake (our tradition for breakfast on Christmas) I thought about the wonderful blessing it is to have Christmas on the Sabbath Day. It was so nice to dress up my family, attend our church meeting and reflect on our Savior Jesus Christ.
After Church had the Watsons over for Brisket and (Idaho Spud) Cheesy Potatoes.
To work off our big meal we played fruit ninja and wipe out on the xbox.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. May we all keep the sweet spirit that comes this time of year in our hearts over the coming months.

No comments: